Thursday, March 03, 2011

Day 53 - Watch Me Dance

All of our lives, I think we are taught to see Jesus as solemn, not showing much emotion. Most of the images we see of Jesus are like these:



But after reading today's study, I'm ashamed that I never really thought of Jesus in the "act of rejoicing."  I knew he rejoiced. I just never really pictured what that was like.

I simply love the idea of Jesus dancing with joy, rejoicing in the the Spirit of God, singing songs of praise.

I know how wonderful it feels to do these things myself, so I can't believe it is so hard to believe that Jesus did the same. Why wouldn't he?





I am thankful that He reminds me not to boast in the things He does through me, the things completed by me with his strength.  I should rejoice, and I do, because my name is written in the Book of Life.  I know Him and He knows me.  I do not have to worry about God turning me away and saying, "I never knew you."  Oh, how I praise you, Father, for salvation found in your Son, Jesus Christ!!

My friend, may I ask you.....


1 comment:

  1. "The LORD your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
    he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." Zephaniah 3:17 (one of those wonderful verses about our God who is a joyous one :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.