Sunday, March 20, 2011

Days 69 & 70

I willingly decided to combine the two days reflection. Although I read them on the days I was supposed to, I opted to have some family time instead of blogging time. We enjoyed the sunshine this beautiful weekend.


Looking back on these, I can see how we can be like the rich young ruler. God asks us to do something, but we don't because we are not willing to give up something....our time, our money, our comforts. When we don't obey because of our selfishness, we miss out on his blessing.

Yet when we respond as Zacchaeus, God is well pleased. We must forgo our pride, our comforts, our way. When we do, we are truly blessed.

I am so thankful that Jesus chooses to "be a guest with a (wo)man who is a sinner." Luke 19:7



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.