Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 49 - If I Can?

I like to consider myself a strong, independent woman.  I used to take pride in that.  I didn't need to depend on anyone.

However, just like I told my Sunday school class this morning, God has a way of tearing those walls down and showing us that we are nothing without Him.

I can't do anything.

God can do everything.

He doesn't need me, but He wants me.

I do need Him.  I want Him.

I've been talking a lot lately about my faith in Him, believing that He will keep his promises and take care of me. That I can trust him and depend on him.  After all, he is my friend, my Father, my Savior.

I've learned though, that talking means nothing.  Its all about actions. 

I have to prove through my actions, my daily walk what I am about. And what is that exactly? I am about my Father's business.  My faith tells me that He is wonderful, holy, mighty.  There is nothing that will stop him from fullfilling his promises to us.  My faith tells me that I can bring anything to him and he will do what is best for me.

As I exercise my faith, I must fully trust Him.  If things don't seem to be working out, I need to realize that it isn't Him, it is my faith, or lack of.  Am I making God too small?  I shouldn't. There is nothing he can't handle. 

I need to always remember:

HE CAN
and
HE WILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.