Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 38 - More Than Enough

On Sunday evening, we were at church when we had a black out. The lights flickered, then moaned and slowly darkened until finally there was darkness. The power was out. We saw. We heard it.


When I read Luke 8: 42b-48, this vision of that experience came to mind.

Jesus felt the power go from him, but the here’s the difference. His power was NOT out.

He knew what had happened and the woman would soon be found out. She was honest and admitted what she had done.

What had she done exactly?

She had faith that Jesus could heal her, so she touched the hem of his clothing.

What amazing faith!

But I do have to say that we continue to read these stories of faith and answered prayers, yet there are so many that don’t have their prayers answered, and God works in other ways.

That takes me back to what Beth Moore asked about the difference between those that suffer bitterly and those that suffer well.

Those that suffer bitterly are just that….bitter. They are angry, ugly, hateful. They don’t know and don’t care, they just want “it” fixed. NOW.

Those that suffer well….they are a blessing to be around. We have several church members that have battled cancer or still battle the disease. They continue to praise God in the midst of their pain. They are encouragers to others. They pray for others. They love with all their heart.

God isn’t always going to answer our prayers the way we want. If we want physical earthly healing, he may give us eternal healing by taking us home to heaven. That in itself is difficult for some to deal with. I remember following a little boy’s journey on CaringBridge. I didn’t know him or his family, but I prayed for him. His mother kept asking us to pray for his miracle. The boy passed away after battling cancer. Someone told his mom that maybe his eternal healing was the miracle. That was not what she wanted to hear. Honestly, I don’t think any of us would want to hear that about our children. But could it be that the eternal healing really is the answer to our prayer?


I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, we have to be careful when we pray. We must include in our prayers that God help us to accept his will if it isn’t what we want.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.