Friday, February 06, 2009

Children are a Heritage from the Lord

I love being a mom. It is one of the greatest blessings. What else is filled with joy and pain at the same time?? As a mother of two boys, I have learned so much. Not sure what that is yet, but I'm sure I've learned something! Seriously, Colin and Carson are amazing. They are so different.



Colin has always been cautious. I'm sure his parents are partly to blame. Being our first child, we tried to keep him from danger. He was so clumsy (thanks to me). I swear, his little face looked like we beat him when he was learning to walk. He fell into every door facing in our house. He has bit a hole in is tongue from falling at daycare. He busted his lip from leaning on the computer keyboard drawer and it breaking. Through all of these aches and pains, Colin is such a sweet, caring young man (we have to call him grandpa sometimes). On one of his school sheets, he wrote about how people shared foster children and that made God happy. Before Obama went into office, he asked me if I thought he would be a good president. I told him we would just have to pray for him. Yes, he stopped, went to his room, and prayed. WOW!

Did I say my boys were different? Carson is a daredevil. He's rougher than a cob. Colin has always been my cuddlebug. Not Carson. Give him his space. As a baby, he hated carseats, swings, walkers, strollers, ANYTHING that confined him. Last night, he was pushing his elbow in Jeffrey's chest trying to get him to let go of the computer chair. Our poor cat needs counseling or a chiropracter. We haven't decided which yet! Carson is still a good boy, though. He is polite and uses his manners. He shares (when he wants to). But overall, he is good. You never know what he his going to do next!
I thank God each day for my children. What a blessing they are! I cherish each moment I spend with them and miss them so much when we are apart. It's never easy being a mom, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:4



2 comments:

  1. This is so great, i enjoy reading your blog, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God for your children also. They have changed my life for the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.