Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Esthers

I really enjoyed my time with “the Esthers.” Great conversation, great discussion of God’s Word, great company. Thank you, ladies. Please pray for Kim and Dawn as they are going to start their own study in Bowling Green. We were glad to welcome Sara to our group. I want to tell you about each of these fine ladies.

Jan
I met Jan a little over a year ago at church. She and her family began coming regularly, and we have enjoyed them so much. Jan and her husband share their musical talents with us at church. They both also teach at the high school. Jan, you are wonderful woman. I appreciate you so much and I am enjoying getting to know you better.

Ginger
I’ve know Ginger for quite a while. My mom, husband, and mother-in-law worked for her dad a few years ago. I’ve been blessed to spend time with her each Sunday in Sunday School. She has two precious daughters. Ginger, you are a fabulous mother, teacher, and woman. I think you are so GREAT! Your KTIP is almost over and you will be fine.

Edie
The sister I never had. My mom miscarried when I was a preteen. I often wondered what that child would have been like. I’d like to think like Edie. She is Jeffrey’s cousin and my sister in so many ways. I can always depend on her. She’s done so much for me. I remember when my grandfather passed away, she dropped everything she was doing and helped me with my boys. We can talk for hours. I love you, Edie! I think you are heaven sent and the BEST first grade teacher in the world!!!

Hilarie
If I were to pick a best friend, I’d pick Hilarie. We met when our oldest children were in daycare. Then we ended up in church together and have shared so many moments together. Both of our oldest children are the same age. We were pregnant at the same time with our youngest (they were born 5 days apart). Our husbands became deacons at a young age. We were both saved as adults. The list could go on…..I especially enjoy spending our birthdays at Chuck E. Cheese’s with our kids. Hilarie, thanks for being such a great friend to me. You are a talented, beautiful woman! I can’t wait for you to get your own classroom!

Sara
I have known Sara for a LONG time. She dated Jeffrey’s cousin throughout high school, so we were pretty young when we met. We’ve also been through a lot together, especially with our family. We’ve had a lot of fun playing games (not Trivial Pursuit because Josh cheats). I’ve enjoyed vacationing with her (remember Sasquawtch, Sara?) and teaching beside her. Sara, you are a strong woman and I admire you so much.

God has blessed me with a wonderful group of ladies to study His Word.


I wanted to share with you a couple of things from our discussion. We talked about how the young ladies went through beauty treatments and talked about our own experiences with our makeup, hair, and overall appearance.

I had asked Morgan, Ginger’s oldest daughter to share an experience with our group. Last fall(?), our youth took part in a fast, and they were asked to give up something for the lock in. Here’s what Morgan said: All the other youth were picking stuff like the internet or the TV to give up. I don’t get a chance to watch too much TV or get on the internet, so when I really thought about it, I asked myself, “What do I really use often that I don’t really have to have?” I immediately thought of my makeup bag sitting on the counter. Since I had the thought, I knew I had to go with it. As I was wondering how I was going to hide my “imperfections,” I decided that I was being really stupid. I thought about how God was going to love me no matter what I had on my face. I also thought about how some Christians wear a “perfect” mask over their imperfections and try to make it look like they are perfect whenever they are sinning, and God knows it. So, even if I did feel like wearing a ski mask to church that night, I knew that choosing to give up make up for a while was a good idea because it got me thinking and that’s what we wanted.

Morgan, thank you for sharing that with us. I think you are fantastic young lady. You have a wonderful heart, and I know that God has great plans for you.

As I leave you today, think about this:
For the Lord does not see as man sees. For a man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.