Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Esthers

I'd like to introduce to you the great bunch of ladies that came together to study God's Word. Edie, Jan, Hilarie, Ginger, Dawn, and Me. Kim took the picture. She thinks she's safe, but I'll get her on here! I guess I didn't get the memo about what color shirt to wear!

I have to say that I had a great time with this fine group of ladies. Thank you for adding to discussion and sharing your thoughts. I enjoyed your company. For those of you following along at home, please feel free to comment about your journey through Esther. Next week, we will take a look at Esther herself.

One thing was mentioned during our discussion about how Satan works to keep you a way from God. I commented that Colin got a bit upset that we went to church Sunday night. We were invited to a Super Bowl gathering too. We attended both, but he wanted to go play at the gathering. I explained to him how God is more important than a silly ball game. We had a great discussion on how Satan makes it easy for us to push God to the side: we are busy at work, we have all these other activities, we are tired. There are endless excuses. Well, one of my devotions this morning dealt with the same thing. In Luke, Jesus withdrew to the wilderness and prayed. Why? Its hard to listen to God when we are busy or in crowds. We have to take time to stop, depart from others, and listen. Satan likes to keep us busy and away from God. I pray that each of us can have the same control that Jesus had to stop and enjoy communion with God regardless of the criticism we may receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.