Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some Things

****UPDATE****
The great thing about Bible study is that we can all learn from one another. I have about 4 Bibles that I use. My "favorite" is the one my husband bought and it is a women's study Bible. Well, yesterday, we were discussing some things from our study about Xerxes showing off his women and we compared Vashti refusing to come before him with Esther not being called for for 30 days. One of the ladies mentioned that her Bible said it was a possibility that Vashti could have been pregnant and that could have been why she refused to come before the king. Well, I did some research (Carson fell asleep in line at Rite Aid and the big boys are in Nashville at a Predators game, Yeah, I know its a school night. I've already talked to Edie aka Ms. Ottersbach for approval.) and found that some historical records indicate that she is linked to Xerxes successor and that was possibly her son. Well, those records indicate that she could have been pregnant when she was called for. I thought that was pretty interesting. I LOVE BIBLE STUDY! I LOVE THE GATHERING OF GREAT MINDS (we are all teachers by the way)! I LOVE YOU LADIES!
****UPDATE****

For the last two weeks, students at our school have been raising money for our Relay for Life Team. The theme was "Students can make a change." They were encouraged to bring in loose change by our guidance counselor, Debbie Hughes. If they raised $500 during the two week period, Debbie said she would dye her hair pink. Click HERE to see what happened. Two of my students who are cancer survivors are also in the video.

Debbie, we love you and all you do for the kids. You are a wonderful woman. Thank you for supporting our Relay team.

This is a picture of Debbie, her sister-in-law Cleatie (fighting breast cancer), and one of my students, Tami who is 1 year cancer free. Sorry for the picture being a bit dark.


You can donate to Relay for Life/American Cancer Society at anytime. My Relay page is linked to the right. Go there to find out how.


In other news....
The Esthers met last night. I hope all of the ladies are enjoying themselves. My friend/coworker Sheteka joined us. I've worked with her for 3 years and we had classes together at WKU. She is a hoot!! We may have another couple girls join us. COME ON, KERRY & KELLY!

Well, in the movies you always here about food cooked by Christian women. Well, they can cook. Here is the spread we had yesterday. The girls didn't believe I would do this. HA!

FOOD, FRIENDS, FAITH, FELLOWSHIP!

Speaking of food, Colin said the cutest thing the other day. Well, me and my boys are bread eaters. Toast, biscuits, breadsticks.....YUM! The other day, Colin and Carson both wanted just a plain piece of bread. As he waited patiently for me to get Carson's piece, Colin said, "Mama, I think I'll have the ankle." I got so tickled at him. Then this morning, we had the following conversation:

Me: "Colin, what would you like for breakfast: toast or cereal?"

Colin with a confused looked: "What's toaster cereal?"

Me, tickled yet again: "No, honey. Toast OR cereal."

Colin with the light bulb over his head: "Oh, ok. I'll have cereal."

Have I ever told you I LOVE BEING A MOM!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha I am so glad you and Sarah talked me into joining your Esther group. It was very uplifting for me. I have been a little down for awhile and you have given me a wonderful uplift and outlook! I felt so welcome and comfortable and nonjudged. The food is great...however I do not know how much I will be able to endulge now...HA! I have read most of your blogs...Natasha you are a beautiful person! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.