Saturday, January 21, 2017

Tune Up or Complete Overhaul?



When I saw today's prompt, I thought of Elly May Clampett and how she needed refining.  Her daddy wanted to make a lady out of her.

You know, when our car is acting up, we take it to a mechanic for a tune up.

When our bodies are sore and aching and something doesn't seem quite right, we visit the doctor for a diagnosis.

When our homes are aging, paint is peeling, and foundation is shifting, we call in the experts for a complete renovation.

And it makes me think that that is where we are today. A day after our Presidential Inauguration.

This is not a political post.  I'm not endorsing any person or any party.


I'm endorsing America.

Ya'll.

We need a complete overhaul.

We need refining.

We need to be made ladies and gentlemen who have pride and respect and compassion and empathy.

Is President Trump the guy to help lead us there?  Maybe.  But he can't do it if we don't stand behind him, and he definitely can't do it if he isn't led by God.

So that's where we need to come together.  We need to gather together and pray. Not protest. We need to pray so we can be the country that brings honor and glory to God, not honor and glory to our selfish desires.




5 comments:

  1. Natasha, Your post reminds me of the truth in 2 Chronicles 7:14. I am convinced that, more often than not, prayer first changes us before it changes the situation around us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. natasha, i agree that we need to come together. i pray that it will be so. it is a work that only GOD is going to be able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Natasha. I believe that one of the most important things we can do as Christians is pray for our leadership. It really does impact our hearts as God works.
    Dropping by from FMF #65

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time here. I'm visiting from FMF and this is a wonderful post. We need to unite as a nation and all the "not my president" stuff and rioting being called protesting isn't going to get us there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, Natasha. So very true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.