Monday, January 09, 2017

Connect


Ok. Confession....

I had this whole other post written for Five Minute Friday, but as I went through previous pictures from my blog archive, I had many more thoughts about the word CONNECT.  Thoughts and memories that I couldn't pass up.

So, today, for my first FMF post of 2017, I'm going to cheat, but I'm going to be true to my feelings and how they actually connect to the prompt.  I'm going to reset my timer and start over.



I'm not the most social person in the world.  Making friends hasn't always been easy for me.  I've got lots of insecurities.  Deep down, I really want people to like me, but I don't always put myself out there to know and to be known.  It is safer that way.  I won't wonder what I've done wrong if my friend doesn't talk to me as much as I'd like and I don't risk losing a friend.


But I do want those friendships and close personal connections.  I'm not going to risk losing myself to get those. I'm not go to work to belong.




The way I figure it is this.....True friendship will come if it is supposed to. In my almost 40 years walking this earth, I've made friends and I've lost friends.  I've had long time friends and I've had friends for a season.  And I'm fine with that.


I'm grateful for the relationships I have.  


I have an amazingly wonderful family. I'm blessed with a husband who loves and adores me.  I'm blessed with children that love and want their mama to play with them, laugh with them, and just cuddle.  I'm blessed with a few close friends that I know would be there for me in a heartbeat.  I'm blessed with a church family that.....well, they are just unlike any group of people that I've met because they love and serve and encourage, not out of obligation, but because that's just who they are.  I have coworker friends I can laugh with and pray with and vent to.  I have online friends that I've never met and a few I have, but they each have a special place in my heart.   Most of all, I have my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.