Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thankful and Forgiven: Post 101 and Snow Day #8

Here it is, another snow day. Can I say that I am more thankful for today's snow day than yesterdays????

Reason 1: Carson decided to go to sleep last night at Sol Azteca. Slept the "entire" night, except to get up to go to the potty. Needless to say that because he conked out at 5:30, he was ready to go at 4AM! Today would have been our Valentine's Party at school. I don't think I would have been able to function. Even though I had lots planned to do (a test we missed yesterday and getting Caroline's class caught up with mine in science), I believe it would have turned into a movie day, probably Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Yeah, I could connect that to language arts (fiction, character, plot, setting, problem, solution, theme) and science (weather).

Reason 2: My appointment went well yesterday. Love hearing that strong heartbeat and knowing that my baby is growing well. I go back in two weeks and will be going once per week then on. The big day is getting closer and closer. I'm excited to be able to see and hold this sweet baby.

Reason 3: I am blessed to have a such a precious family. I have the most wonderful, caring husband and wonderful, loving children in the world. These guys melt my heart, make me laugh, and fill me with joy.

Reason 4: I am forgiven. Colossians 3:13 says,

Bearing with one another, and forgiving
one another, if anyone has a complaint
against another; even as Christ forgave
you, so you also must do.

You know, when I stop to think about the things that I have done to God and that He has forgiven me, I realize what a wonderful gift that is. Why then should I not forgive those who have hurt me? Lots of things have happened in my life that I could very easily show unforgiveness or bitterness. But what kind of life is that? Holding a grudge does nothing but kill your spirit.

I know people who are sure to bring up someone's wrongs and say, "I will NEVER forgive him." These people are supposed to be Christians. None of us are perfect, so why should we expect others to be?

I thank God each day for the forgiveness He has shown me. I pray that I will always be willing to show forgiveness to others.

Consider this....
What if your child did something that upset you and he asked through his tears, "Mama do you forgive me?" and you replied, "No." What would that do to your child? As parents, we want our children to know that they are loved and there is nothing they could do to change that. As an adult, I want those I know to know that I love them and there is nothing they could do to change that. So, the next time you are wronged, offer forgiveness. You and those you forgive will be sure to receive a blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.