Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Poetry by a Pregnant Woman

It is with swollen ankles and feet that I sit here.
Watching the snowflakes out the window,
I know a change for me is near.

Thirty-six weeks ago, God blessed me with a gift.
Because of that, this “big girl” occasionally needs a lift!

As I waddle down the halls of school,
I try to remain fashionable, stable, and cool.

Because the belly bump sticks out so far,
My oldest child, bless his heart,
Worries about his mommy driving the family car.

Even though I’m feeling quite huge, you won’t hear a complaint from me.
For my gift from God is a new child, you see.

I can’t wait to meet this new little guy,
To touch and to kiss’em.
I know he is truly a blessing from God,
And for this I will praise Him.

It won’t be easy being a mom of three,
But it’s a job I accept with gladness.
Already the only female in the house,
I’ll rejoice in the pure madness.

So today and each day ahead, I’ll pray
Thank you Lord for this wonderful life,
For making me a mom and a making me a wife.


1 comment:

  1. God bless you my beautiful daughter and your beautiful family. there are no words to describe the love I have for my handsome grandsons you have given me and your daddy.I cant wait to meet Carter too. Ilove you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.