Sunday, February 21, 2010

Preparations

We were eager to get out this weekend and shop for our new little one. One of the items we were wanting is pictured below.

It has been unbelievably difficult to find this. We thought we had scored when we found it at Babies R Us in Nashville. However, all they had was the display. Sue and I called stores (all the way to Evansville) and looked online in search of this. However, I have come to the conclusion that since we can't get our hands on it without ordering it from Amazon, we don't really need it.

We did have luck in purchasing a baby book. I love filling out the books for Colin and Carson. When I found this book at Barnes and Noble, I had to get it. Carson absolutely loves the Guess How Much I Love You book. I couldn't pass it up.


Tuesday is my shower at work and Saturday is my shower at church. I'm looking forward to "playing" with all the cool stuff we will be blessed with. After that, we will go buy other necessities that we didn't recieve as gifts. We are grateful to have so many wonderful friends and family member who are eager to help us out.


Today has been a day of relaxation. My left foot has been swollen for two days. This morning when I was getting ready for church, I realized that my black shoes wouldn't fit. I searched under the bed, but none of the black shoes would work. So I had to wear my comfy, stretchy brown shoes I wear to work daily. Jeffrey told me to just wear my houseshoes. I should try that at work tomorrow. Wonder what my principal would say? By husband's orders, I have been on the couch with feet elevated. The swelling hasn't gone down much. I guess it is just that time. While resting here, I have enjoyed watching the boys play Wii and being just plain silly. I'm waiting for Colin to smack the TV or his little brother with the Wii remote as he plays ping pong and sword fights. Its quite hilarious actually. I keep reminding him to scoot back.


Speaking of Colin, he finished up his Winter Super Saturdays class at WKU. He must have thanked me a dozen times for signing him up. In the fall, we will try a different type of class since he has taken two technology classes. Now it is time to get ready for baseball. He will play Pee Wee again this year (Go Cubs!) and Carson will play T-Ball. I was really hoping that Jeffrey or I could coach Carson's team, but that isn't going to be possible. I would love to coach soccer again for his team this fall, but not sure how that will go with a new baby! We will just wait and see. I'm glad that the boys get interested in all sorts of activities. I want them to be well rounded.



My next doctor's appointment is Wednesday. I am curious to find out how "things" are progressing. I do love being pregnant, but I'm so excited to be getting closer to meeting our new little one. I have been vivid dreams of what he looks like and getting to bring him home from the hospital. I think Colin and Carson are getting excited too. I'm cracking up at the fact that I'm still steadily gaining weight. Its got to be mostly baby and water retention. I have no real appetite. Usually I don't eat all my food. I drink a lot (water, juice, sweet peach tea). My favorite things to eat are eggs, toast, butterscotch or chocolate pudding, and salads.


I really appreciate everyone who is keeping up with this blog. I hope I am able to bless you in some way by whatever my thoughts are for the moment. That's the whole point anyway. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know that I'm keeping that promise. I like to see what you have to say.


If you haven't been to Angie Smith's blog, you have to read her post titled Ministry and Grocery Carts. I loved it! It makes me think of the opportunities we have to minister to people, but rarely take advantage of. My dear friend Glenda is really good at taking advantage of those opportunities (gas stations, check out line, gym). Right now, she has a guest in her home for two weeks who has never given any thought to life after death. I pray that she will be able to minister to him for the remainder of his time here. I would like to be more comfortable with taking advantage of the opportunities as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.