Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Day #9

Yes, that's right we have now missed 9 days of school due to snow. But you know, that is ok.



I hate driving on slick roads. Even more, I don't want to risk getting out and falling. I'm not known for being graceful! Actually, no one in my household is. Some of us (Carson) can make falling look intentional. As a matter of fact, last night as he chased Big Dog through the house, he tripped, falling to the floor. Instead of making a scene, he did some sort of army crawl the rest of the way.



The boys are getting spoiled by these snow days and teacher work days. It is so hard to get them in bed at night. Last night was no exception. Colin got in bed and Carson was throwing a fit to watch a movie. Well, that just tore Colin up. It just wasn't fair, even though I reassured him that Carson would not be watching a movie. Well, Carson finally said, "If you don't let me watch a movie, then I'm not going to bed." I looked at him and replied, "Oh yes you are." His final answer??? "Well, ok." I don't think that worked out the way he had planned!



Today, I am either nesting a bit or feeling guilty for watching the NCIS marathon yesterday and doing nothing. Regardless, it looks like the laundry will be done today (maybe). I have a VERY tired 3 year old who is just pitiful. Or maybe the cat is more pitiful. By looking at these two pictures, what do you think?



Notice Happy had enough. His paws are wrapped around Carson's face. Luckily, Happy was declawed after we got him. Oh, do you notice my friend Lazarus in the background? He has made his way from the den to the living room door. You just never know where he is going to "pop up" next.

Colin was excited to have another snow day. We had a little argument last night about it. I figured we would have another day off, but at bedtime, school had not been cancelled. When he woke up this morning, he said, "See, I told you!" He enjoys playing all day, going from laptop, to reading, to watching TV, to playing toys, to computer, to having a snack and starting all over again. Fighting with Carson is usually thrown in there several times too.


I did get a new devotional that I am very proud of. It was stuffed in my new diaper bag I got for Valentine's Day (with the new Toby Mac cd).


I like that it has the scripture and author's devotional along with quotes and tips that go along with it. What a great gift from my wonderful husband!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.