Friday, February 12, 2010

What Are We Up To?

Oh, about 25 extra pounds! Seriously now............

I'm sitting here flipping back and forth between NCIS and the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Carson is playing Max and Ruby on the PC while I'm on the laptop. Jeffrey and Colin.......they are having a boys night out. They went to the Temptations show at the Sloan Convention Center. Several weeks ago, Glenda (my dear friend and Sunday School teacher) was telling about a former student she had that was now doing a Temptations Tribute in Las Vegas. Well, he is in Bowling Green tonight for a show. He was also named Hometown Hero by WBKO. Colin loves the Temptations. I'm glad they got to go and can't wait to hear how it went.

I was saddened by the death of the Olympic athelete from Georgia today. What a bittersweet moment for that team. I was freaked out when they showed the actual accident because Colin was sitting there. Usually they give warnings about that sort of thing before they show it. Either they didn't or I was too busy eating my pizza to hear it. He asked what happened. When I told him, Colin said, "Mama, I feel real bad about that." I know, honey, I do too.

Hope you like the new background. Can you tell I am getting excited about our new little one? We are about 5 1/2 weeks from our due date.

Colin and Carson are excited as well. I've been asked "the question" by Colin recently. He was fine with "sometimes the doctor has to cut a mommy's belly open, but usually the doctor gets the baby out of the mommy's special place." He then wanted to make sure that my belly wouldn't be cut and that I had a special place. Carson has decided that "the baby will have brown hair and brown eyes like us, not hair and eyes like Colin and Daddy."

I was hoping to be able to go to the Clarksville Toys R Us sometime this long weekend, but the weather may not allow it. They've got to have the best baby selection I've seen. We've gone in there a couple of times when we've gone to Fort Campbell for army things.

Someone asked the other day what type of cravings I am having. Can you believe none???? Food is not appealing at all (even though I have gained 25 lbs). I love to eat, but throughout this pregnancy, I have experienced food aversions, especially with chicken. About the only chicken I can eat is from Zaxby's (the chicken finger plate). Salads usually sound good, especially the bite sized shrimp salads from Captain D's. Probably the best tasting meal I've had this whole time was from Lone Star the other night (onion strings, chicken fingers, and potato skins). Do I sound like I'm advertising??? What can I not get enough of? Sweet, peach tea from Sonic, Orange Pineapple Banana Juice, toast, eggs (would you like to guess how many eggs I've eaten since the beginning of this pregnancy), and water. Oh, and NCIS. Yea, I know that's not food, but I have become addicted to that show. I am thankful for On Demand because I was able to watch the new episodes during basketball season. Jeffrey said he's going to buy me the sets for each season to watch while on maternity leave and during my sleepless nights. What's he waiting on???

People ask me if I'm ready for this pregnancy to be over with. No. I am ready to meet this precious baby, but being pregnant is such an amazing experience. I don't want to wish it away This one has really flown by. I feel like my life is a calendar (doctor's appointments, meetings, events, practices, games, Super Saturdays, holidays, birthdays). Now there are things I would like to be finished with like the swollen ankles and acid reflux (which I have NEVER had up until the last few weeks). I always miss feeling the baby move and watching my belly change shape. Speaking of which.....last night at Colin's parent teacher conference, I was watching Carter's movements across my belly when his teacher called us into the room. She's a friend from high school and a mom of 3 as well, so I was not embarrassed at all.

Speaking of emarrassement, some people say the darndest (is that how you spell it) things to pregnant women. Here are some of my favorite pregnancy comments:
  • My goodness! You look like you are about to pop! (Gee thanks! Would you like to stick a needle in me to see if I do?)
  • Are you sure of your due date? (Um, I think I was there.)
  • Now, there's just one in there, right? (One what?)
  • I don't think you could get any bigger. (I can. Trust me.)
  • That baby ain't fell out yet? (No, I think he's still hanging in there.)
  • How many weeks? Oh, you'll never make it. (Oh, are you a doctor?)
  • Oh, are you pregnant? (Um, just a little. What gave it away?)

I have to say that Jennie made my day this afternoon at Wal-Mart, "How are you? You look so wonderful!" Thanks Jennie (another young, busy mom of 3).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.