Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I Recently Realized I'm an Army Wife

While lying in bed the other night in my husband's hotel room, it hit me....

I'm an Army Wife.

Yes, I know that Jeffrey took his oath way back in November, but it is so real now.

When he went to AT in Ft. Jackson back in April, he was only gone for a week. That was really no big deal, just like his business trips we are used to. But this time it is different. What started out as Phase 1 of CHBOLC has now turned in to "stay until finished."

I realized that I was only visiting my Army husband, and he was not coming home with us.

I wasn't hurt or upset, it was just a realization that I had failed to acknowledge and let sink in. I knew it was happening, but it just didn't hit me until then.

I am very proud of Jeffrey and what he is working toward. Not many men (or women) can do what he and the other Chaplain Candidates are doing. What better way to live your life than to serve God and Country.

I know it is difficult on him, missing out on a summer with his 3 boys. Carter is getting so big, rolling over, scooting, jabbering away. He will be almost 6 months old when he sees his daddy again. Carson and Colin are starting soccer and Colin's birthday is coming up. School is starting and Jeffrey won't be able to take Colin on the first day as he has always done.

But you know what?

I refuse to complain about it and feel sorry for us.

We, afterall, are not in the situation as many military families. Some families are separated for many month due to deployment. Right now that is not something we are even close to experiencing. Some families are relocated and no longer live close to their support system (mine is next door and a few blocks away).

So, I refuse to gripe.

I stand proud to be the wife of an Army Chaplain Candidate.

I stand proud to be married to a man who is not ashamed of his faith in our Lord.

I stand proud to share my life with a man who wants to serve his country and his Savior.

I stand proud to be an Army Wife.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God.
Matthew 5:9

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha -

    I found your blog a while back when I was perusing around for chaplain/chaplain-wife blogs. I was looking because I wanted to try to get glimpses of what that life is like. I had promised myself I would never date/marry a military man, but that all changed 6 mths ago when I started dating Scott...which leads me to the connection I'm actually trying to make. :) Scott is a Chaplain Candidate down at CHBOLC this summer too! Small world...

    Also wanted to say this post was encouraging to me - you're right: no reason to complain. This is a great calling.

    Hope you don't mind that I've read here and there...

    Blessings!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.