Thursday, July 22, 2010

Women of Faith Wednesday (on Thursday)




This week, Women of Faith asks:
During difficult times in life, who has supported you, or who have you supported?

Immediately, I thought of....

Edie.

Edie has been a part of my life for about 19 years. As my husband's cousin, she took me in as family when we first met and has always shown me love and kindness.

What can I say about Edie?

She has always been here for me.

When I first became a Christian, she was such an encouragement to me and I was blessed to attend my first women's Bible study with her. She later gave up several afternoons to attend a ladies Bible study at my house.

Edie is one to stop and drop everything when someone is in need. She has done that for me on several occasions. When my grandfather died back in 2006, she took care of my boys so that I could be with my family. Then when my grandmother died in June, she was there for me again.

Perhaps what I love most about Edie is her willingness to listen and offer sound advice. Regardless of what I'm going through, I can call her up and talk. We can talk for hours (and we have). I always feel so much better after talking with her.

Although things in her life have not turned out they way she would have liked, Edie is still a person full of joy and love. She is a wonderful mom to her beautiful daughter Lauren. She is dedicated to our church (singing in the choir, working in the nursery, and directing VBS). She is an amazing teacher to the students she has (just ask her Star Student Colin).

Edie is the sister I never had and I love her very much.



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing testimony of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to say those things about me, but it is easy to do things for people you love. I do consider you like my sister and I will always be here for you, Jeff and the boys. I think your are pretty terrific too. Love you!

    Edie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.