Wednesday, July 07, 2010

How We Keep Cool


This week, Women of Faith wants to know how we beat the heat.

With a new little one at home, it is hard to get out to swim with the bigger kids. Fortunately, their grandparents live next door and they are able to go to their house swimming.



Before leaving for Ft. Jackson, my husband bought them a little blow up pool for our backyard. My mother and father-in-law helped me put up our canopy to cover the pool. Not only does this let me and Carter get some shade, it also keeps the pool pretty clean from our shade trees and birds.


The boys also love their little yellow duckie sprinkler. We bought this when Colin was about 4 years old. The boys have such a good time playing in the sprinkler.






Perhaps our favorite way to keep cool is by going to our favorite place in the world, Chaney's Dairy Barn. The boys order their favorite, Blue Moon Ice Cream, with sprinkles. I enjoy my favorite too: Strawberry Cheesecake in a waffle cone. YUM!





Honestly, some days we are total bums and just watch TV and play in the house all day.

So, how do you keep cool in this heat?












3 comments:

  1. Oh that Blue Moon ice cream looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I need some blue ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't Grand pa's and ma's great, but the most fun is being one. Rhea B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.