Friday, July 16, 2010

Faith Friday: All About Me

Since I recently realized I was an Army wife, I came across a web page called Wives of Faith for military wives. Each Friday, they have a blog carnival and today I am participating in my first one associated with this web page.

Wives of Faith - Connecting, Encouraging and Supporting Military Wives

Wives of Faith said to give 20 random facts about myself. So here it goes:

1. My name is Natasha, but people pronounce it two different ways and I've been called Tash, and Tasha as well. I am also called Natalie by a friend at church. Not sure why since we've known each other for about 6 years! Do I correct her even when people around us are calling me Natasha?

2. I am married to my best friend who is currently at Ft. Jackson and will be graduating from CHBOLC in September.

3. God reached me through my oldest son.

4. I have 3 sons and I honestly don't know what I'd do if we ever had a girl.

5. Because of my kids, I have learned to love soccer and even coach U4 soccer last year with my friend Hilarie.

6. I love to travel, but I love coming home!

7. I have 3 all time favorite trips: the trip to the beach when I got engaged, our trip to Chicago (my first plane ride), and our trip to the mountains last year for Thanksgiving (hoping to do it again this year, starting a new tradition).

8. I am a 4th grade teacher, but I'm really not excited about school starting on August 4. I've been on maternity leave since March.

9. I love eating at our local Chinese restaurant (ate there 2-3 times per week with my first pregnancy).

10. My favorite movie is Steel Magnolias, and I cry everytime I watch it.

11. I am addicted to NCIS and Say Yes to the Dress.

12. I would love to be a stay at home mom.

13. I am so not a neat freak.

14. I am currently trying to read the book Friendships for Grown Ups. As someone who has never been comfortable in her relationships, I am looking forward to learning from this book (Thanks Nicole for telling me about it).

15. I often wonder what it would be like if my mom didn't have a miscarriage when I was a teenager.

16. I worry if I am a good enough mom.

17. I don't want to mess up my kids.

18. I am proud to be an Army wife.

19. I cry everytime someone makes a profession of faith.

20. My life is truly a life worth living!

4 comments:

  1. Natasha! So glad to "meet" you. I love meeting other chaplain's wives. I am still learning so much about the military!

    I used to teach high school English....papers galore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - saw your link on Wives of Faith. I had to comment on this post, because I also wonder what it would be like if my mom had not had a miscarriage when I was in high school. And, I can't stand Steel Magnolias, but I think it is because I am diabetic... and I have no intention of dying that easily!
    I taught preschool years ago, but thankfully am able to homeschool my own now. What is it about teachers being bloggers?
    Welcome to the military life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks for the shout out! That book is awesome. Oh I wish I was a military wife. i know so many of them being close to Beale AF Base. Okay, your number 1 cracked me up. Oh, don't know what to say with that one. My husband is named Andrew and our first son is named after him but has always been called Drew. But when I hear people call my hubby "Andy" or even "Drew" it throws me off. Good luck on your first day back teaching. Aug.4th is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.