Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Calvary!

Forty - five years ago today, Calvary Baptist Church of Franklin was founded. Today we celebrated (Boy, do Southern Baptists know how to celebrate). Our church had been planning this event since the fall. The committee had asked for our help in creating and anniversary booklet that each family in attendance would get. It contained information on the church, past staff, deacons, lots of cool pictures, and letters about what the church means to us.

One thing that touched me was the letter that Jeffrey had written. I knew he was going to, but I never got the chance to read it before he turned it in. Let's just say it really touched my heart. Since he has been blogging and after reading his letter, I have learned that my husband has a wonderful way with words. There was also a letter published by Colin that I didn't know was going to be there.

There were lots of guests there today, former staff and members. It was good to see those who haven't attended in a while. After the service (which I briefly saw on TV in overflow because my sweet babe had a belly ache), we had a potluck. Boy did we eat. We had BBQ sandwiches (hotdogs for the kids), pasta salads, potato salads, cole slaw, and an entire Sunday School room entirely devoted to desserts!

Afterwards, I little there was a little ceremony for the burial of a time capsule. Colin had the pleasure of being able to help bury it. He was so proud and couldn't wait to tell his Daddy on the phone.






I love my church. The people there are amazing and have a true heart for God. They serve in so many ways, whether it be through Habitat for Humanity, WMU, disaster relief, VBS, or just holding a sleeping babe so a mom can get a plate of lunch for herself and her 4 year old. We are blessed to be surrounded by people who have a geniune love for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.