Wednesday, June 09, 2010

My Favorite Recipe(s)



I know, I know, we were supposed to choose a favorite homemade dish to share, but I have a couple that I would like to share. These are a few of my favorites, although things we probably shouldn't eat a whole lot of!

Snack - Bacon Crackers
1 box Ritz Crackers
1 pkg bacon

Cut bacon strips in half.
Wrap a half piece of bacon around a cracker an place on microwavable try.
Microwave 3-4 minutes or until bacon is cooked well and crisp.

Cook Out - Bacon and Cheese Dogs
bacon
sliced cheese
hot dogs

Slice hot dogs down the middle, but not all the way through
Fold cheese in half (2 hot dogs will use up 1 slice of cheese) and place inside of hot dog
Wrap bacon around hot dog (use toothpicks to "secure" bacon in place)
Cook on grill until bacon is crisp
Serve on bun (be sure to remove toothpicks)

Dessert - Candy Bar Salad
4-6 apples, chunked
1 pkg of Snickers fun size bars (chopped)
1 pkg cream cheese at room temperature
1 carton of whipped topping

Mix cream cheese and whipped topping
Add apples and candy
Mix and chill until ready to serve
***you can use any type of candy bar***

Main Dish - Cheese Manicotti
12 large manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 26-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
Cook manicotti shells according to package. Drain. Rinse with cool water. Let them dry on paper towels.
Stir together 3 cups mozzarella, ricotta, and basil.
CAREFULLY stuff shells with mixture
Spoon about 2 cups of spaghetti sauce into prepared dish and arrange stuffed shells over sauce.
Pour more sauce over manicotti.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
Bake for 15 minutes
Sprinkle with Parmesan
Bake for 10 more minutes

If you try one of these, come back and let me know what you thought. If you want to find more favorite recipes, visit the other blogs posted at Women of Faith.



3 comments:

  1. I've made the candy bar salad and can attest to it's tastiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...all those recipes sound YUMMY! I had never heard of a candy bar salad. I'm gonna have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound so yummy! You must have had my kids in mind... perfect recipes for my family. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.