Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Refreshed.....

That's how I am feeling this morning. 

For that I am thankful.

I am also thankful that for the moment, all of my boys are feeling well. Temps are under 100. Praying they will stay that way.

I am thankful for a good night's sleep for all of us. We needed that in so many ways.

I am thankful for being about to pour my heart out to God, know that He will listen, no matter how insignificant my "problems" may seem compared to those of others.

I am thankful for being on Christmas break with my three sons.

I am thankful for the child who placed his hand on my face this morning and woke me up by saying, "I love you, Mama."  This mama needed that!

I am thankful for the toothless grin of my 6 year old.

I am thankful for the 2 year old that climbs on my back and sticks his face around to mine and says, "Mama, let go of me," when in fact he is the one doing the holding on!

I am thankful for the 10 year old sleeping in this morning. 

I am thankful for the heart to hearts I have with my oldest when he is scared and confused, that God gives me the words to comfort and assure him.

I am thankful for the texts and emails I receive throughout the day and the anticipation to be able to Skype.

I am thankful for the coffee brewing on this chilly, windy, rainy morning and the many new coffee cups I have to choose from (gifts from my students - they know me too well).

I am thankful for the new friend I am making that I must email back today, and for our husbands who sacrifice so much for a God and country they love.

I am thankful for the emails I must respond to today of those who have been checking on me.

I am thankful for flashbacks to straight line things, my turn, and shut down Paw Paw.

I am thankful for the Savior who redeems me, forgives me, and makes me whole.  I love you, dear Jesus, and I am nothing without you.

What are you thankful for, my friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.