Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Praying for our Husbands

Recently, Hilarie and I decided to read The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.

Upon finishing the book, there are some things that I have discovered.

I don't pray for my husband nearly enough.  I do pray for him. In fact, I pray for him daily.  However, the quality of my prayers is weak I have found. I usually pray for current needs of my husband. I need to pray for his future as well.

There are so many specific aspects of Jeff's life that I need to pray about.  My prayers are usually broad and general. That is so sad.  I love him more than that.

I realize that as I pray for Jeff, God will work in me as well.  He will make me the wife I am supposed to be while I am praying for Him to make Jeff the man he is supposed to be. 

As I strengthen my own walk with the Lord, I will work on my prayer life. I will pray for the specific needs (immediate and future) of my husband.  I will hand Jeff over to God, to mold him and shape him in His image.

I recieved a copy of this book from Jeff after he attended CAST last year in Baltimore.

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever loan out your books? I love to read but don't like to pay ( I would go broke.) Just asking, Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.