Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 20 - House Calls

I love my friend Brandy.  Not only is she a great friend, but she is a wonderful hair dresser.  And she makes house calls.  It is so nice to call and say, "Hey, can you come over Saturday about 10?" 

However, Brandy may not always be available.  She may be with another customer or with her family. 

But Jesus, He is always there.

Sometimes we like to try to contain Him, to keep Him locked up inside a box or in the walls of the church.  But we can't.

Sometimes we do things knowing that He doesn't approve.  We try to hide them from Him. But He knows.

When my kids do something and just can't believe I know all the details, they ask, "How did you know?"  Jokingly, I say, "I'm like God, I know everything." 

That is further from the truth. 

God is with us always. He knows everything, sees everything, hears everything.  I know my children's behavior and facial expressions. Plus they don't know how to misbehave quietly.

Last Sunday, Jeffrey preached the evening service at church and he talked about life's storms. Some people often wonder where God is during their storms.  He's there.  Sometimes He must allow us to weather the storms with Him remaining silent.  This allows us to become closer to Him. Other times, we certainly feel His presence.

As parents, I think it is important that our children see Jesus in our daily lives, no matter how chaotic our lives may be.  Our kids need to see Him on the good days and the bad days. They need to be involved in the prayer, the praising, the study of His Word.  Sometimes we are guilty of neglecting Jesus when everything is going good and then run right to Him when things are crumbling.  We need to make it habit to be in fellowship with him ALWAYS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.