Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 12 - Picturing Jesus

I absolutely love today's scripture and commentary.  It helped me to really picture who Jesus is.

Sometimes we make him seem like this far off guy that we can't get close to because he is so holy.  But realistically, his holiness creates a person that becomes our best friend if we let him. 

When I started listing the qualities I see in Jesus and what the people of that time saw in him, I realized that those are the qualities we look for in people we want in our lives.  We want to be surrounding by people who are caring, humble, likeable, wise, funny, gentle, and honest.  I'm sure Jesus wasn't degrading or arrogant.  He probably always had the right words to say in any situation and showed his genuine love for people in everything he did.

Jesus is approachable. He wants us to be near him. He wants to have a relationship with him.  It is by our own silliness, for lack of a better word, that we make Jesus seem unattainable. 





2 comments:

  1. I am glad he is approachable. He is always there and boy am I glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha, I always love your thoughts! You said it so well in your post!!! I think about certain conversations, certain comments that just leave me feeling so warm and loved. These are the ones that I hold in my heart and pull out when I am discourafed or feel put down by someone else. I would love to be able to go back in time and just watch Jesus is his everyday relationships with his friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.