Friday, January 04, 2013

Wordless Wednesday Explained

Just a word of warning, if you are the parent of a sweet little prince or princess who never does anything wrong or gross, you may want to quit reading immediately.  This post is not for the faint at heart......

You may remember the post where I told you "if my boys haven't done it, then it ain't worth doing." Well, at that point, I thought I'd seen it all. After all, I am an elementary school teacher with 13 years experience AND a mom of 3 boys.  Imagine my surprise when I saw more than I ever expected from my almost 3 year old.

The other day the boys were playing with play-doh. Carson got the dentist play-doh set a while back, and the boys were playing with that.  Did you know it had silver play-doh with it?   Well, they played with that for awhile and then decided to watch TV and play on the iPad. Carter got to fussing and came to me saying, "My nose hurt."  I got to looking and saw something in there. I had him blow. Nothing but air, but it still looked silvery.  I asked him if he put something in his nose, and he said yes.  I assumed it was silver play-doh.  It kind of freaked me out because it wasn't budging when he blew his nose. It didn't shoot out like those marshmallows. I was convinced I needed to take him to the doctor.  But it was New Year's Day.  The ER would have to do.

To make a long story short, I didn't take him.  Instead, I squirted saline drops up his nose and used the aspirator.  Nothing.  I could no longer see anything so I assumed it (whatever it was) was gone.

Two hours later, I found this on the floor
Notice the gook? 

My conversation with Carter went like this....

Me: Carter, what is this?

He shrugs his shoulders.

Me: Carter, was this in your nose?

Carter (grinning): Yes.

Me:  Where did you get that?

Carter: In my nose.

Me: Carter, where did it come from?

Carter: In my nose. 

So, obviously, it some how, miraculously, THANK YOU, LORD! came out of his nose. 

And no, I have no idea what it is or where it came from. It screws into something. 

I dare say, "I have seen it all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.