Friday, January 04, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Opportunity

Five Minute FridayI was so excited to see the first 5 Minute Friday of 2013.  This lets my mind just run with thoughts and type them out as they come. Want to join in?  Head on over to Lisa Jo's to find out how.  The skinny of it....Set your timer for 5 minutes and write. No editing. No over thinking.  Can you do it?  Let's go!


When I was in middle school, my music teacher encouraged me to try out for the high school band color guard. I chickened out and came up with all kinds of excuses on why I could do it.

When I started college, I was going to room with one of my best friends in the dorms.  For whatever reason, I didn't.

Those were opportunities for me to come out of my comfort zone.  I didn't.

God has provided lots more opportunities for me.

He has provided me with the opportunity to serve Him.  I am not boasting at all.  I serve Him in so many ways.  I teach Sunday school (adults and children). I teach VBS.  I host Bible studies.  I am hosting a Bible club on Fridays at school.  Those are obvious ways.

I am sure there are other ways that I may not think about.  I may have encouraged someone. I may have shown love and compassion. I may have been helpful. I may have had the right words at the right time.  Those are the not so obvious.

But the opportunity to serve Him should be sought by us all. We should get to know Him.  We should look for Him in the little moments of life, not just the big.  He will provide us with so many opportunities to serve, to bless and to be blessed.  Don't let those opportunities pass you by.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! Visiting from FMF, your family is adorable, and it sounds like you are making the most of opportunities now, forget those you may have missed in the past, " And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."--romans 8:28

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 minute friday sounds easy enough. i need to get back into blogging more. i tend to take more breaks off then i blog. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.