Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Cherished

Five Minute Friday

As soon as I saw the word Cherished, I started singing some Madonna in my head.

I was thinking, "Isn't that what we all want? We want someone to want us badly. We want to be cherished."

We want to be cherished and want to make sure that our loved ones know we cherish them.

As a woman, I want to know that my husband's deepest desire is for me. To be with me. To do everything in his power to take care of me.  I don't want to have to guess at it.

Our loved ones shouldn't have to guess at it.

Every moment is a gift. We should cherish it. We should cherish those we get to spend it with.  We should make it known that that moment is filled with love.

We are never promised tomorrow. God forbid that we wake up one day and realize that we did not cherish what He gave us. That we didn't let our loved ones know what they mean to us.

Whether you are a world away from those you love or they are next to you on the couch, cherish that moment. Let that person know what they mean to you.  Let them know that they are your deepest desire.

Cherish the thought........


Today I am joining a bunch of ladies who cherish writing.  If you would like to join in Five Minute Friday, check out Lisa Jo's blog for all the details.


4 comments:

  1. Hah! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head. :) But this is such a good reminder! Well-said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it that way, that people shouldn't have to guess if they are cherished or not. It's really important to say it, especially to the people who are in our lives. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My point exactly. Now is the time to do our best to make sure our family, friends, and loved ones know they are loved and cherished by us. It would be a tragedy for a second to go by with them thinking anything less.

    Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.