Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bible in a Year with Wives of Faith

You may remember that I am joining Wives of Faith in a commitment to read God's Word in a year.  Today, they wanted to know how it was going.  So, to be honest with you.....




I was stuck on day 23 for 3 days.  I just couldn't get through it even though I was reading daily.  I did get caught up. But overall, I am proud of myself.  I love that I can be having a conversation with someone and be able to add in some scripture that I have read.  God has allowed me to reach out to others, especially my husband by using scripture.  I have used it in Sunday school as well if something is similar to what we are studying.  

I have to admit. I am an "underliner."  When I come across a key passage, something that really touches my heart, I underline. Sometimes I even put a heading at the top of the page. I even took pictures using my cell phone one day so I wouldn't forget that I wanted to come back to those passages.  

Another confession.....the first time I tried reading through the Bible in one year. I quit. I was discouraged.  I started right in the middle.  Looking back, I should have started at the beginning and just changed the dates.  I think that would have helped.  

But I love this, reading God's Word everyday (even if takes a couple of days to get through one days reading). I have learned so much about God and about me.  I can't say it enough, but thank you Wives of Faith for challenging us and allowing us to be a community during this journey. 


How about you, friend, are you on a journey through God's word this year?  I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

  1. I am, I started the bible this January in chronological order. It is so uplifting and amazing what I discover in God's word. It is truly the Living Word.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.