Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is it really official?

I absolutely can NOT believe that Jeffrey is gone to his first Army Chaplain training!  He has worked so long and so hard on getting this far, and I can't believe it is finally here.  This week will be a very small taste of what is to come this summer.  This summer will be like when he was gone to Japan, only this time he will be on the same continent!  I really hope Jeffrey has a good week.  The preparations have been terrible. He wasn't getting emails and then information was being changed at the last minute.  Whew!  As far as packing, he had no idea what to take.  I'm sure he will find out soon enough if he brought the right stuff!  Me and the 3 C's will be fine.  Mom has volunteered to take Colin to school in the mornings so I don't have to wake the little one's.  Sue and Birbie are next door, and everyone we know has offered to help in anyway they can.  We are blessed with such a wonderful support system.


I have a couple of prayer requests to share with you:
Please pray for Carter.  We go Tuesday to have his hearing retested because he failed the initial screening in the hospital.  He seems to hear just fine, but he still must be retested.

Please pray for one of our elementary teachers who found out recently that she has breast cancer.  She will be having her breast removed this next week I believe. 

Please pray for my grandmother. She fell out of the bed recently at the nursing home and hurt her back pretty badly.  She has had a really hard time. 

Please pray for my boys, that they will have a good week and not be "off" due to their daddy being gone.  They usually do well when he is gone, but before it has been for work.  I don't want them to think that he is in any danger. I'm not sure how much Colin understands about what is going on this week. 


Baseball was cancelled this morning due to the weather.  Colin is supposed to play again on Monday, but I think it is supposed to rain then too.  I hate for Coach Jeff to miss his games, so I was glad today's was cancelled. 




I have to gripe for a minute about something totally different.  Last night, we took the family to Wal-Mart to stock up for the week (I do not want to take 3 kids to Wal-Mart by myself!).  Anyway,  I have always used the same baby formula with all the boys.  I recently started using the samples sent to me by another company.  Last night I was looking over my coupons and the selection. I decided to purchase this one particular brand for 3 reasons: 1) it is the sample pack we are currently using and 2) it was the largest container of any of the brands, and 3)I had a coupon.  Well, when we checked out and presented the coupon (which is like a check), the coupon was denied!  Can you believe it?!?  The lady said it wasn't our fault, that the company has so many of those coupons out and not enough money in their account to cover them all.  WHAT??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS IS THAT???? Needless to say, when I got home, I emailed the company.  I guess that's what I get for trying something new!

OK, I just heard an "OW!" and "HEY! DON'T PINCH ME!" so I guess that means I'm done blogging for now!

1 comment:

  1. Praying that things go smoothly at your house - especially with Jeffrey gone.

    Which formula was denied??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.