Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Next Sunday

I love to write. I'm not always confident in what I write, but I still love it. There's just something about words. The way the are used is so important. I'd rather write that talk to people. Sometimes, I feel like a complete idiot when I talk. My words don't always come out the way I want them. But when I write, I can really meditate on words and choose the right ones. I can move them and change them. When I go back to revise and edit, my light bulb goes off on how to better get my point across. Can you tell that I've taught fourth grade writing in Kentucky?


Anyway, I'm sharing the latest "thing" I've written. I've been thinking about this topic for a while, but brushed it off a couple of times. Then 2 Sundays ago after God's message was preached, I knew I had to write it. In a matter of minutes, I was done. It was easy for me to write because I could relate to what I was trying to express.

I hope you "enjoy" it. I hope that someone can relate and it will change your life for the better. If you know someone who can relate, email them the link to this.



Next Sunday

One Sunday as I sat in the pew listening to the preacher’s sermon and the choir singing,
I felt a tug at my heart.
When the invitation was given at the end of the service,
I felt the tug again, but I brushed it off.

One Sunday as I sat in Sunday School, I was amazed at how the lesson related to what I was dealing with in my life.
Then as the preacher spoke, again, I was amazed at how I was experiencing those same things and feeling those same emotions.
But I brushed it off as a coincidence.

One Sunday, a sermon was given on
Repenting of your sins,
Turning from those sins, and
Receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
He would carry my burdens.
He would give me comfort.
He would love me unconditionally.
He would never break His promises to me.
That sounded nice.
Maybe I’ll do that next Sunday.

The next Sunday, I arrived at church with a heavy heart.
Throughout the service, I became restless and fought back tears.
When the invitation was given, I wanted to go forward,
But I was in the middle of the pew.
Next Sunday I will sit on the end.

The next Sunday, I sat on the end of the pew.
Again, God was calling me.
But what would all of these people think?
They will wonder what I’ve done wrong.
I’ll wait until next Sunday when it’s not so crowded.

The next Sunday I arrived early to church.
What a crowd!
Again, I was in the middle of the pew.
I grew restless again and prayed for the preaching to be over.

Then He spoke.
Not the preacher, but God.

“My child,” He said, “you are not promised next Sunday.
If you deny Me, I will deny you.
If you receive Me, I will never forsake you.
My child, come to Me today.”

The next Sunday, I sat in the same pew…..
A new creature,
Not given in to fear,
But born again of the Spirit of God,
Never again to worry about next Sunday.

Natasha Grimes
March 15, 2009
If you have ever thought, "Next Sunday," please don't. Don't wait another minute. You don't have to be at church on Sunday morning to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior. You can do that anytime, anywhere. I've heard testimonies of people being saved in their living rooms and cars. Please, don't wait until next Sunday. None of us are promised tomorrow.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.