Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Feed My Sheep

Spring is almost here. What a beautiful time of year! I like to think of spring as God saying, "Your winter is almost over. There is life after death." What beautiful life spring brings....green grass, blooming flowers, birds singing, hope of a better tomorrow.


Last night at our Bible Study we talked about our prayer requests. There are SO many people with SO many needs. Children and adults. There are personal issues, illness, job security (or insecurity). As Christians, we need to pray for these people, not only for their needs to be met, but to be thankful for the blessings God has given them. It is so easy to get down about what's happening in our lives, but look at what all we have to be thankful for!


1 Thessalonians 1:2 says, "We give thanks to God for you all, making mention of you in our prayers." Let God know that you are thankful for the people He has placed in your life. Then go further than that. Let those people know that you are thankful for them and for something specific they have done. So many people feel unnoticed, unimportant. The minute they are told, "Thank you for....That really meant a lot to me," they receive a blessing (and you do too). There are people who love to tear people down. As Christians, we should build them up, help to repair them, all of them. Its easy to put ourselves above people for whatever reason. A lot of times we think we are better than people. Jesus wasn't like that. God sent Him to "feed" us. As His followers, we are to do the same. We are not all called to be missionaries, preachers, teachers, or evangelists, but we can feed His sheep. We are called to be loving friends and neighbors. We are called to be encouragers and helpers. Often, we ask, "I am but one person. What can I do?" The answer is simple, "With God, anything." We need to make a choice to be that difference in the lives of others that picks them up and lifts them up to our Heavenly Father.



We need to spend some one on one time with God. Mark 4:34 says, "When they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples." What makes us any different? For a long time, I wanted my alone time with God, but I had so many reasons why I couldn't meet with Him. Being too tired or busy was right at the top of the list. However, when I finally committed myself to spending time with Him, I was immediately blessed. I'm able to really listen to Him. I'm able to be a better mom and wife. I encourage you to find your one on one time with Him. It is a time that will bless you in so many ways. God uses that time to tell us His plans. He will mold us and shape us into what He wants us to be. That is one of my prayers, "Lord, please make me into the person You want me to be."


Some where, some time, someone fed you. Won't you do this same for someone else? Be the person God wants you to be.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new look!! You are such an inspiration to me, thank you for being who God wants you to be. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.