Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From a Nobody to Somebody

Endings are so bittersweet.....

Yesterday was our final meeting for the study of Esther. Can you believe it??!!?? We have journeyed with God for nine weeks and it seems like only yesterday we began.

I am very appreciative and humbled at the fact that 7 busy women dedicated 9 weeks to study the Bible with me.....a simple, goofy nobody.

Let me tell you what God did with this simple, goofy, nobody.

He gave me strength. He gave me encouragement. He gave me wisdom. He gave me love.

Like Esther, I have often thought that I could do nothing. But I've come to realize that I am where I am for such a time as this. I never thought that I could lead a Bible study. I've never really felt like a leader. But with God's wisdom and strength, I was able to do this. Through my rambling, I tried to relay what He was telling me. On the days where I was tired, worn out, and unmotivated, God gave me the comforting words of Beth Moore and these women to encourage me to keep on moving. His mighty word touched my heart each and every way possible. I felt His amazing love through His word and the fellowship of these women.

God chose me.
He chose me to be the wife of Jeffrey.
He chose me to be the mother of Colin and Carson.
He chose me to be the teacher of the students in my room.
He chose me to be the leader of this study.
He chose me to be me.... a simple, goofy, Daughter of the King....an Esther.

Eternal
Sister
Through
His
Everlasting
Reign

God chose me.

You know, He chose you too. He chose you to be His. He chose you and has a wonderful plan for your life. God doesn't promise you that it will be easy. He doesn't promise you sunny skies along the way, but God does promise you that He will be with you along the way.

As I finished this study, I was reminded over and over again that God is in control. If I make a mess of myself and my situation, He can fix it. I just have to allow Him. I have to trust Him. I have to surrender all. I have to believe.

I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
I believe in love, even when I do not feel it.
I believe in God, even when He is silent.
(Author Unknown)

I believe I am not a nobody. I am somebody to someone because of what God has planned for me.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.