Thursday, December 08, 2011

Whom Should I Fear?

The other night, Colin brought a book to me and asked, "Mama, sometime soon can you and I have a private book club and read this together?"

"Sure," I replied. "What book is it?" 

He turned it toward me and the title was Share Jesus Without Fear. He then added, "Sometimes I don't talk to people about Jesus because I am afraid they will make fun of me."

As my heart began to melt, I admitted, "Me too, Colin."

I was surprised that Colin came with me out of nowwhere with that.  However, I am not surprised by what he said.

I think his admission is true for so many of us.

But why is that? Why are we so afraid to share Jesus?  Our pastor has asked, "What part of Hell are you afraid you'll offend them to?" Seriously, that is the worst that can happen, that we share the Good News of Jesus and the person rejects it. The person is then responsible for his/her decision. It has nothing to do with us.  We would have done our part, but we don't.  We take their reaction personally.

Psalm 34:4 says I sought the LORD, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 56:4 says In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?

His Word tells me that if I seek Him, the Lord will hear me and my fears will be relieved. When I trust Him, there is no need to fear anything beause He will take care of me.  I will do my best to remember that, to remember Psalm 118:6, The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

I will prayerfully begin to share Jesus without out fear.  Colin, will you join me?


1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.