Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Book Review: This Thing of Ours

The title of this book, This Thing of Ours: How Faith Saved My Mafia Marraige, immediately got me interested.  I expected details to emerge about Cammy Franzese's husband's dealings in the mafia (images of my favorite mafia movie emerged).  However, Franzese wrote very little of her husband's part in organized crime, but instead focused on her faith.

The author spoke of how she met her future husband and how she was encouraged by her mother to pray about their relationship.  As a young woman giddy with love, she took her time in developing the relationship with Michael Franzese, whom she knew as a movie executive.

As Michael's past came to haunt him (them) early in their marriage, Cammy sough refuge through her faith in God, with the encouragement of her mother.  She describe how she was basically acting as a single mom for the first part of her marriage, raising children, running a household, and visiting her husband in prisons across the country. Each step of the way, are stories of how God intervened in her life to take care of her and the lessons she learned about faith, forgiveness, and living with choices. 

Although I was slightly disappointed about the lack of "mafia info," I was greatly awed by this book. It is a testimony to women everywhere to depend on God to see you through the rough times in marriage. 


Thank you Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending me a copy of this book for my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.