Tuesday, January 05, 2010

What Lies Ahead

We live by faith, not by sight.
( 2 Corinthians 5:7 *NIV )

When I look back on last year, I can see that a lot of things happened that I never thought was possible. There were things that I wish would not have happened. There were prayers that were answered. There were prayers that were unanswered for whatever reason God had in mind.

Now, I'm looking ahead. What lies ahead? God only knows.

I look forward to the arrival of this baby in 12 weeks. But what will that entail? An early delivery? A problem free delivery? Three months of colic? I don't know, but God does. Whatever happens, I will have to trust Him.

What will it be like home with these 3 boys when Jeff goes off to South Carolina for 2 months? Will the boys stay well? Can I manage soccer camp for the 3rd year? Who will watch them when I have to work in my classroom after the end of this school year and the beginning of next? I don't know, but God does. I'll just have to trust Him.

What if I get sick? What if my kids or husband get sick?

What if we can't pay our bills? What if the van messes up and we can't afford to get it fixed?

What if I lose someone close to me? What if my grandmother has another heart attack? What if my other grandmother never comes home from the nursing home? What if someone I love is diagnosed with Cancer?

What if a friendship goes sour? What if someone doesn't forgive me? What if I lose my temper and act a fool?

What if that big tree outside falls on our house in this upcoming winter storm? What if our power goes out?

What if........

What if I just sat around and worried about everything? I'll tell you what: I would be one miserable person.

What keeps me from doing that? My faith in God.

My faith in God tells me that whatever He places in front of me, I can handle because He will be there with me.

My faith in God tells me that whatever evils and failures make their way into my life, I can over come them because He is there with me.

My faith in God tells me that I am not alone.

My faith in God tells me that I am loved, I am special, and I am somebody.

Who am I?

I am a child of God.

My faith in Him made me His.

What kind of faith do you have? Is it frail and weak because you have placed your faith in worldly things? Is it growing and becoming strong because you have placed your faith in God. Do you live by sight? Do you depend on worldly things?

Putting your faith in God and living your life for Him is the way to go. No, life won't always be easy. He never promised that. He did promise that He would be right there with us. Whatever we go through, He goes through as well.

Do you live by faith or by sight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.