Monday, January 25, 2010

Waiting

It seems as though most of life is spent waiting. Do you ever feel that way? What are we waiting for???


We are waiting for the arrival of our new bundle of joy. We have 8 1/2 weeks until my due date. I have a feeling the wait won't be that long. I was induced with Carson 2 weeks early. That's what happens when you have a big baby he first time. I'm sure the doctor will want to induce again, although he hasn't brought it up yet. In the meantime, I am now going to the doctor every two weeks. I've registered for gifts because my coworkers are having a baby shower for us. Jeffrey's mom has also said something about having one. I guess when people start asking, "Where are you registered?" then it is time to register!!! It is amazing the things I have forgotten that I have given away! I've looked for some things in closets, the attic, tubs, and the garage, but I'm guessing most of those things have been given away or sold in yard sales. Our refresher lamaze class a couple of weeks ago was a hoot. We didn't relearn (if that's a word) anything really. The class was crammed full, probably 100 people there. It was quite fun to listen to the gasps and comments of the newbies. They have no idea what they are in for!



We are also waiting for Jeffrey to be assigned to a unit and orders for chaplain school this summer. All paperwork has been completed and so it is a waiting game. In the meantime, My husband continues to complete his seminary work through Liberty University. He has about 64 hours and needs a total of 90 to graduate with his Master of Divinity. Getting closer. His blog has been added to the Army Chaplaincy website. He has also been asked to be a writer for the site. He posted his first article last night. I just read it and have to say, I'm quiet proud of him, as always. You can read it by going to the Army Chaplaincy Website.


What else? We are waiting for our new Saturday activity to begin. Colin will finish up basketball this Saturday morning and then start his new Super Saturday class Saturday afternoon. This time he his taking Desktop Design. He loves computers and creating things on them. You should see the PowerPoint presentations he creates on his own. Wow! Colin got asked to participate on our local youth traveling soccer team this spring. We are thinking it over. However, it will interfere with his baseball and we can't do both. Honestly, I'd rather have him play baseball. He is still growing in both sports. We'll see.


As far as Carson, we are just watching him grow and getting ready to be in pre-school in August. I can't believe it. He just seems too small to me. He started his pre-school choir class at church last night. I think he just kind of sat there and took it all in. I stayed for the first few minutes and snuck out. He liked it, just didn't participate much. Leslie does such a good job with the children.

Colin and Carson are getting excited about Carter's arrival. They are always asking questions, "hugging him," and making plans on what they can do with him. So far, they've agreed to feed him, read to him, and teach him to talk. Next Thursday, the boys attend their "big brother" class at the hospital. Colin has been asking about it for a couple of weeks now. They will both be great with the new baby.

So, while we are waiting for what is to come, we will be patient, we will serve our Lord, and we will continue to live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.