Saturday, January 30, 2010

FINALLY!

Late Friday afternoon, the snow finally started falling. When we got up this morning, the boys were so excited at what they saw!





After breakfast and dressing like we belonged in The Christmas Story movie, we set out on a snowy adventure.



The Courthouse Square


We drove to the park for some sledding fun.


Notice we weren't the only ones there! There are lots of hills at the park, so we had to decide which to take on. We decided to sled down the one with available parking!

The guys climbing the hill





Colin and Carson's first trip down






And the first of many trips back up





Carson going alone!





Carson and Kylie




Colin and Jacob
Jeffrey and Carson

Snowball Fight!



We had a great time. Even though I didn't even attempt to climb the hill, I stood at the bottom of the hill and enjoyed watching the faces of the kids as they came down the hill.


2 comments:

  1. I really hated that we had a snowday, but with all the excited comments of the mothers at work I am really thankful that you mothers got a chance to experience this with your kids! They will remain favorite memories I am sure. I think when this idea first really hit reality was this year at Christmas when Adrian and I took Kolton on a wintery forest hike through the snow and he commented "I have never walked in snow this deep!" He is 14, but I guess the amazement of Gods wonders never ceases to amaze us young or old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Natasha, I finally did it! I blogged! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.