Sunday, December 27, 2009

Back into the swing of things???

How how nice it was to go back to church today! Although I still feel quite terrible, I was able to make it to church to teach my Sunday school class and work the nursery. There was only one darling in the nursery.....the same darling that was my teacher's assistant during Sunday school because he didn't want to go to his class! With Carson's pneumonia, Colin's headcold, and my sinus infection, we had to miss church for the last couple of weeks. The last time I went was for Colin's Christmas program. Last Sunday night was our candlight service. I spent the entire day on the couch.

I hope everyone has been enjoying their Christmas. Colin got up yesterday morning and said, "Merry Christmas, Mama. Oh, Christmas day is over so I probably shouldn't say that." I told him that was ok. We should celebrate Christmas everyday! He liked that.

What a sweet season Christmas is! Growing up, I knew that Christmas celebrated the birth of Jesus. However, as a Christian, it is even more special. God gave us His son as a gift. What an amazing gift! Having opened my heart and received that gift personally, makes Christmas even more special. I savor the sights, smells, and sounds of Christmas. I'm in no rush to take my trees down and put my decorations away. I guess if it wasn't considered to be so redneck, I'd keep them up all year! Yes, I did change my blog background, but I am hoping to see some snow before we head back to school on January 4. A girl can dream can't she?!?

Merry Christmas to you, everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.