Sunday, September 13, 2015

On Being A Writer: Discover

Whenever I post here on the blog, my words are just as much for me as anyone else.  Words are a way for me to express myself, to share my feelings, my life.  I try to be real.  Sometimes that's hard.

Other times, it's too real.

I've shared with you my miscarriage back in 2013.

I've shared with you my experience of deployment.

I've shared with you about how being a mom is tough.


I think in that sharing, in the being real, that's where we find ourselves.

In the being real, we have emotional breakthroughs.

In the being real, we feel empowered.

In the being real, we have freedom of self expression.

In the being real, we discover ourselves.

Like Charity Craig says, "I need to be all in."

To do this writing thing correctly, I have to have my head and my heart in the game.  Really, it's all or nothing. I can't write just to write. I can't post just to post. Words aren't just words. They are living.  They have power and must be treated accordingly, not half heartedly.

I think the more I write, the more real I want to be. I believe that will make me transparent so that others can see Christ in me.  Isn't that the goal of the Christian?  I have the amazing opportunity to do that here on the blog.

Each time I write, I find out more about myself.  I become a little braver.  Each time I write, I enter a world of discovery.



1 comment:

  1. Natasha. thank you so much for these reflections. I really resonated about your statement "words are not just words. they are alive and we must treat them accordingly" I'll be pondering that today

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.