Monday, January 19, 2015

Reading Challenge

I've done it! Finished book 3 of my 2015 Reading Challenge: 52 Books in 52 Weeks. I sort of struggled with this one.  There was a lot of historical information that I really didn't care to read.  The parts that I did want to read were at the end, so I am really glad I pushed through it.  I told my reading challenge group that I was nervous and tense, then wanted to cry and cheer.  I loved the last part as it was sort of a "what happened afterward" sort of thing.  I was amazed at the lives that were changed based on what happened to the families in the book. It's not what you think! I'm not going to spoil it for you!

I have been reading the Bible and will finish soon.  You may remember that while Jeff was deployed, I bought myself a One Year Bible. Well it has been over two years and I am almost done.  I want to count it on my list...which category....a book that was originally written in another language or a book I started or never finished (I have several I can use for this one)?  I guess I can decide after I finish it.

I am also looking heavily at the trilogy category.  I want something I will enjoy. I just don't get into Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings stuff.  I know I should broaden my horizons, but I just don't think I can do it!  Do you have any suggestions?  I have never read Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.  I was considering this series to read with Carson.  I'd love your ideas!

I also have ideas for some other categories:
A book that takes place in my hometown: Something to Sing About by CC Payne

A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't: Red Badge of Courage, Moby Dick, Lord of the Flies (I read enough to get by. I think I can appreciate them now!)

A book with antonyms in the title: War and Peace (downloaded free!)

A book set during Christmas: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

What are your reading now?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.