Saturday, January 10, 2015

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (reading books)

When I was in 8th grade, I read 17 books.....

in one week.

I spent my spring break that year reading all of my mom's Harlequin Romance books.

I'd always considered myself a reader. As an elementary school child, I was always eager to earn my next Book It! coupon for my free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut and get that little start sticker for my Book It! pin.

The older I've gotten, the less time I have (made for myself) to read.  Nowadays, it seems as if the only reading I get done is what I read in the classroom with my fourth graders or with my boys for their homework.  The days of book reviews have gotten far and few in between.

Needless to say, when my friend Pattie started a group to read 52 books in 52 weeks, I jumped at the chance!  Today is January 10, and I am proud to say that I am on book 3!

We are using the list from popsugar.com.

Right now, my reading list looks like this....

Book one: A book you can read in a day......

Book two:  A book made into a movie.......

Book three:  A book based on a true story.....

I am in the middle of book three and would love to finish it this weekend (if I leave Frozen Free Fall alone, then it will be possible).  I've been thinking about the trilogy books.  Any ideas?  I'm not into Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings stuff, something lighter if you know what I mean.

What are you reading right now? I'd love to hear about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.