Saturday, January 17, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Send

Welcome back this week (or welcome for the very first time).  I am so excited to participate in Five Minute Friday once again.  What a great way to inch my way back into writing this year.  So, are you ready?  Here we go!


So, lately, I 've been thinking a lot about this.....

My boys are growing, physically, emotionally, spiritually.  My oldest is at that odd stage, not a little kid, not a teenager (yet).  That tween.  With three boys in different stages of life, it occurs to me that one day......and this day will come all too soon.....one day, I will have to send them out on their own.

I realize more and more each day, with each ounce of resistance, each ounce of independence, that these boys are a gift. A gift that may not truly be mine to keep.  These boys are God's children.  And one day, I am going to have to let go.

Each day, I find myself letting go a bit more, in small ways, but I know what that leads to. Letting them go to become the men God has created them to be.

So my job, right now, is to pray for them, lead them, guide them. My job is to help them grow and learn, to allow them to fail and succeed. That way, when I do have to let them go, to send them out on their own, to live their own lives, they will be content, hardworking, God-fearing men.






2 comments:

  1. I loved your post! I teach 7th graders--so I get that tween time. It is a tricky age, but your boys will be so grateful for you one day! Good luck on your year of writing. Inspirefly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you for teaching those 7th graders! I teach 4th and that's as close as I ever want to get to middle schoolers! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.