I have been awarded the Liebster Award from Adrienne who blogs over at Saved by Grace. Thank you, Adrienne. I think blog "awards" are so fun! I appreciate you sharing this with me. I have to admit that I feel like such a slacker. I have been working on this post for a couple of days, so I'm not sure I deserve to receive this honor :)
Ok so here's the rules.....
1. My husband and I have been together for almost 22 years (we started dating when I was 13).
2. I thought I was going to drown in the Gulf of Mexico once, and all I could picture was the news story and how mad my mom would be.
3. As a kindergartner, I was interviewed by the local newspaper about my future goals. I wanted to work at McDonald's.
4. I decided as a first grader that I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
5. I love Say Yes to the Dress and dream of going on the show to find a dress if Jeff and I ever renew our vows.
6. I often wonder what life would be like if my mom had not miscarried her 3rd child (my baby brother or sister).
7. I am a fly by the seat of my pants type person.
8. I love serving God.
9. I am an NCIS junkie.
10. I think I might want to have another child one day. I am not ready to say yes or no. Carter is almost 3 and that is the age we started having the baby talk with the other kids.
11. I was worried about the possibility of having breast cancer once. Can you believe my symptoms were due to my caffeine intake??
Questions for me from Adrienne:
1. What is year you accepted Jesus into your heart? 2004
2. What was the turning point for you to accept Jesus in your heart? I wanted to take part in the church baby dedication for Colin and realized that I needed Jesus in my life. You can read about that here.
3. What is one thing you learned from 2012 and are taking it with into 2013? God is in complete control. He has plans that I could never dream of.
4. Coffee or Tea? Coffee. See #11 above.
5. What are your hopes for your blog this year? I want to touch lives. I want to use my blog to shine the light of Jesus.
6. What's your favorite Bible verse? Psalm 118:24. You can read about that here.
7. What's your favorite story in the Bible? I love the stories of Ruth and Esther.
8. What is your favorite home decor style? Simple, comfortable, and child proof.
9. How many children do you have, if any? I have 3 boys. I am the only girl in our home. Our dog and cat are both boys!
10. What is your favorite color for this year in regards to fashion and or home? I need more green. We recently painted our living room and it turned into a different green than we thought, but I love it. I see women wearing green tops and realize I have NOTHING green in my closet.
11. What is your favorite dessert? Candy bar salad tops my list. Yummy!
10 people I am nominating:
1. Nicole @ Team Pipkin
2. Kay @ Welcome to Kay's Korner
3. Kerry @ Zenful Living
4. Jhona O. @ We Weirdos Stick Together
5. Kathleen @ Kathleen's Korner
6. Monica @ Daily Dwelling
7. Jessica @ The Crow Family
8. Dara @ Living My Someday
9. Kim @ She is Fierce
10. Kim @ Kylah and Dayton
Your 11 questions are......the same as mine. Sorry, I messed up! Told you I didn't deserve this! Seeing as how I worked on this post for a couple of days and it is late, use the questions Adrienne asked me. They were good ones!
All of these bloggers have inspired me in some way and I like keeping up with them. Be sure to check them out. Don't forget to hang out with Adrienne some too. She's pretty awesome!