Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Wife to Wife Wednesdays: Goals for the 2013

It is that time of the week again!  Time to connect with other military spouses at Wives of Faith for Wife to Wife Wednesdays.  Feel free to join us. Head on over there and link up with your blog or leave a comment. We would love to get to know you.

Today, Wives of Faith wants to know what 3 goals are I would like to have fulfilled in 2013.

For starters, I would like to have our finances under control.  There are some purchases I would like to make in the future.  Jeff and I really need "new" vehicles.  It seems like every time we turn around, something is wrong with one of them.  We just got his out of the shop. Mine is making some crazy noises.  I would also like to sell our home and buy another. There is lots of construction going on in the farm fields around us. I am afraid our little dead end street may not stay that way for long.  There are things that happen in our neighborhood that are not good, and we would like to be somewhere where we don't have to worry about our kids playing out in the yard.

Secondly, I want to be a healthier family.  I want us all to start taking better care of ourselves both physically and spiritually.  I know that sometimes we get in these ruts, and we don't eat well.  We devour our fast food and neglect our spiritual food.  That is definitely something we need to work on.  I think the Bible in a Year journey that Wives of Faith is promoting is going to help me (it already has). I have been feeding on God's Word daily.  He is speaking to me in so many wonderful ways. The stomach viruses I had back around Thanksgiving and Christmas have helped me too. I have been cautious about my eating habits. I have even been on the treadmill at few times.  Since Thanksgiving, I have lost 15 pounds and have 15 more that I would like to lose.

Finally, and I think most importantly, I want to be where God wants me (our family) to be. My husband is an Army Reserve Chaplain.  I honestly don't see him staying at his civilian job forever. He and I both feel that God is calling him to something more.  Maybe active duty. Maybe full time civilian ministry.  We aren't quite sure yet, but neither of us see a future with his current position.  We may be wrong, but at this point we don't see it.  That is something we will continue to pray about.  Lately, I have been unhappy with my job. There are days I wonder,"What's the point?"  I don't see me homeschooling my children. We can't even do homework together. If we ever go active duty, though, that may be something I would have to consider. Sometimes I feel like I would like to do some full time ministry work through church.


Those are my goals for the year.  I think they are pretty focused and reasonable. I know that for the most part it is going to take prayer, dedication, and discipline to reach those goals.  I know that I will also have to remember that God's timing is perfect and mine is not.  I have to keep my goals within His will.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." 
Jeremiah 29:11


What about you, Dear Friend, what are your goals for the year? I would love to hear about them. 

3 comments:

  1. Very worthy goals! I want to be a healthier family, too. We are working on this(physically and spiritually)! Way to go on the pounds lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in inspiration! Nice work on the fitness area. Just wanted to mention we did some serious work on our finances right after we got married and have been maintaining ever since. We started with Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey, and just grew from there. You and your husband are doing such a service to our country. Thank you for all of you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put! All of it! I think those are goals that when focused on for a year will carry you through your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.