Friday, February 01, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Afraid

Five Minute FridayI am joining some amazing writers over at Lisa Jo's today for Five Minute Friday.  If you have five minutes, you can participate. Write for five minutes. Don't over think. Don't edit. Just let the words flow.  Are you ready?  Don't be AFRAID.

Children are a precious gift.  I cherish them. My own. My students. My darlings at church.  I take a role in their lives. I want them to turn out to be the best people they can be.

I love my boys, my Colin, Carson, and Carter.  I want them to be happy. I want them to be successful. I want them to live their lives for God.

Perhaps my biggest fear, the thing I am most afraid of, is screwing up as a mom.  I don't want to ruin my kids lives.

Its hard.

I want them to do good.

I want them to be strong Christian men.

I want them to know without a shadow of a doubt that I love them and I have raised them the best way I know how.

I am afraid that I will make one little mistake that will turn into the biggest mistake of my live.

God has given me a precious gift, 3 of them to be exact, and I have to rely on Him to care for them in the best way possible.  I have to put my faith in Him that as they grow, they will live for Him, depend on Him, love Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.