Monday, July 06, 2009

Freedom and Anteaters

I thank my God everytime I remember you. Philippians 1:3

I am very appreciative that I live in the United States of America. What a blessing it is! I am thankful for all of the men and women who have served our country over the last 233 years. They have protected our rights, responsibilities, and privileges. They have protected our todays and tomorrows. I have the utmost respect for our military and their families. I can't imagine the daily sacrifices made by them.


To those of you who are serving our country now, Thank you.

Colin, Brian (Jeffrey's cousin), and Jeffrey
To those of you who have served our country in the past, Thank you.
Joe Grimes (Jeffrey's grandfather)
Iley Murray (My grandfather)
Hugh Uhls (My grandfather)
To those who will serve in the future, Thank you.

Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9


Because of the freedoms we are blessed with, we are able to experience God's creation in so many ways. Our recent visit to the Nashville Zoo was such a blessing. Jeffrey's mom took off from work that day to go with us. She got up early and checked the zoo out online. On our way there, Sue was telling us all about the new anteater exhibit. We were so excited as we walked toward the giant anteater. However, when we got there, we couldn't see it anywhere. We were disappointed, but decided to go back that way before we left for the day. This is what we saw when we went back.
We were so amazed. I had never seen an anteater before and couldn't get over how big it was. Hence the name GIANT anteater! We talked about that creature all the way home. I think it was my favorite animal to watch all day (other than the two little monkeys I had to keep up with all day)!
And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25

3 comments:

  1. animals certainly are one of God's great creations aren't they?! I spent the whole weekend with several (including Keith! HA!) I also did some soul searching as to how much they affect our lives...Taz is getting older as we all do...we sure do get attached don't we?? Hope your summer has been a great one! Check out my new blogg! justahorseofcourse.blogspot.com
    See ya soon! Enjoy every minute left of summer!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to find other blogs to follow...Natasha how do you find good blogs to read???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful thank-you! I love your little soccer player by the way! Very nice vintage pictures of soldiers who have served as well. Are they relatives or just aquantiences?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.