Wednesday, July 29, 2009

His Word Wednesday

There is a sign on the way to work that says, "Honk if you are believing Jesus for something." At first, I thought they just worded the sign wrong, but then I thought about it a little more. I think we are all "believing Jesus for something."

Proverbs 3:5 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."



I think we have all been in a situation where we had to lay it in God's hands and let him take control. The situation surpassed our understanding, and it was useless for us to try to wrap our minds around it.



My coworker friend and her family are moving back to their hometown. When I talked to her about it yesterday, she said, "This is totally a God thing. We would never have done this on our own." You see, her husband is leaving full time ministry to work in a secular job. She is leaving her job and not going to have any income. However, since they have agreed to this move, so many ministry doors have opened for them. God is in control of their situation and they realized they had to trust him.



I think some of the most comforting words in the Bible are "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).



We see the moment. God sees the entirety (if that is a word). We think, "oh, this is wrong, I can't do this." God says, "This is right. Trust Me and let Me do this." We can handle anything that comes our way if we just TRUST HIM.



Remember, We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).



There are two things I'd like for you to do today. Three really. First, trust God with whatever he has laid before you. Hand it over to Him and quit trying to take control and rationalize everything. Second click on the Praying for Stellan button at the top of the page. Read about this precious baby and pray for him and his family. If there was ever a family that need to trust God, this is it. Lastly, either leave a comment about a verse of scripture or devotional that has touched your heart this week, or leave a post on your blog and then come back here to the MckLinky and link to your blog so we can see how His Word has touched you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.