Monday, October 10, 2016

Five Minute Friday: Test





As a teacher, one of the things I hate doing the most is grading tests.  I get so disappointed and frustrated when I score them because I know of all the hard work that went into preparing my students for the test and their hard work learning the material.  But when those averages come out lower than I anticipated.....well, it just stinks.

And I wonder if God looks at us the same way.  He prepares us, molds us, refines us for things to come.  For the test.  And then what happens?  Sometimes we pass with flying colors and sometimes we fail miserably.

Any either case, whether my fifth grade reading test or God's test, why do we fail?

I think a lot of time it is effort.  We give up before we ever get started.  That isn't fair to the teacher or the student.

I tell my students to treat everything....homework, pre-assessments, fire drills.....as if it were the real thing.

And as for this life of ours?? We only get this one shot.  One try to pass the test.



1 comment:

  1. The wonderful thing to remember is that because of Christ we will pass this test - He will complete the good work He began in us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.