Monday, June 03, 2013

I had a dream

February 2, 2013

Normally, when Jeff is gone, I don't sleep well. I have to say though that so far during this deployment, I have slept pretty much "normally." There have been a few nights that I found it difficult to sleep, but for the most part, I have been on my normal sleep schedule (if you know me and my kids, that isn't saying much).

Dreaming doesn't usually happen for me. However, last night I had a dream.

I was trying to get to the computer because I heard the drop everything and get to the computer Skype ring. I didn't make it.  I tried and tried to get Skype to work, but it wouldn't. I turned around and there stood Jeff. I wrapped my arms around him and just held on.  I felt his warm body against mine. 

It was just a dream.

Dang. 

But it felt real. It felt like I actually had my arms around him.  Oh, I am so ready for that day. To see him face to face with no computer screen between us. To actually touch him and hold him instead of
staring at his picture imaging what it will be alike.

I miss my husband. I am so anxious for the day that I get to hold him in my arms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.